Instantly measure seawater temperatures while the ship is in motion
The eXpendable Bathy Thermograph is a system that performs seawater measurement by deploying a probe. It can be used to perform measurement even in poor sea conditions. It makes it easy to perform sea temperature observation even on vessels without observation equipment.
- XBT water temperature detection is performed using a high performance disk thermistor. Changes in water temperature are measured through the changes in the thermistor’s resistance.
- The data measured by the probe is transmitted via a signal wire which is connected to the launcher by a canister. The probe drop depth is automatically calculated based on how much time has elapsed since the probe was placed into the water, using the user-selected drop method.
|Type||Measuring Depth (m)||Ship Speed (knots)||Measuring Time (sec.)|
- The above specification values are reference values, and are subject to change without prior notice.
- Inquiries regarding eXpendable systems
Please provide the following information when contacting us with inquiries.
- Type of probe used
- Serial number
- Converter/launcher configuration